Saturday 9 August 2014

Sleepovers and Strollers.

Jacob was supposed to get a new artifical eye on Thursday, but they called Wednesday to say his prosthetist (person who makes the artifical eyes) was off sick. I was gutted because I always look forward to him getting a new eye, although the process isn't very nice. Particularly this time as he hasn't had a new one since March and he's really outgrown it and the colour is wrong. Also, where it is too small now, he keeps moving it and turning it upside down, which doesn't make a difference to the pupil or iris shape, but the actual eye is a completely different shape on the top to the bottom so it can rub the socket. He's gotten so good at having it removed and put back. When he had his eye removed, they give you a little "eye kit" for removing, cleaning and taking care of the artifical eye. It comes with a little sucker plunger thing that you just stick to the artifical eye and then you just slide it out. It isn't as horrific as you might think, and to someone else it probably is awful, but to us, it's life. His eye appointment has been moved to the 22nd of this month. I can't wait.

Rich had a work night out at Newmarket on Friday night, he was staying out overnight so Soph and Teddy came to stay. I do normally stay on my own because I use it as an excuse to go to bed at 8pm and not feel bad! We were naughty and all had a McDonald's for dinner. It's only the second happy meal Jacob's ever had because I'm a bit of a monster when it comes to his eating and like him to have pretty good stuff. He inhaled a fish finger happy meal then started on my burger. He's such a little piggy. Although he's had a rough few nights again so I'm wondering if it may be a growth spurt! We obviously sat and watched "Frozen" again as Teddy loves it too, then Soph put me through the torture of Big Brother. I never get into any television because by the time I've put Jacob to bed and tidied up, I'm normally too tired and just go to bed myself. And then if I do start to watch something, I ask a million questions about what's happening and Soph gets annoyed with me. Teddy stayed up with us until 12.30am, he just did not want to sleep. And he thought it was hilarious that he was in bed with Soph and me. Real sleepover style! It was such a challenge to keep him quiet so he didn't wake Jacob up! But he was being so hilarious that Soph and me were just as loud laughing. Jacob woke up at 6am, to which Teddy jumped up and got over excited. So we spent the morning dealing with a very grumpy Teddy as he'd only had six hours sleep! We poured him 4 different cereals before he finally settled on Frosties and he is currently battling having a nap. All part of the fun!!! 


8pm...


Midnight...


6.30am... YAWN!!!


Brunch! This kid will eat anything.

I finally had to accept the fact that my pram/pushchair is no longer practical and change to a stroller. I was so gutted because I love my pram and it was so lovely to push and really comfy for Jacob. But it was bloody huge! I called it the monster truck. Soph took me to pick the new one up on Friday, but by the time we'd eaten dinner it was too late to go test it out. So I made up a reason to go to the shop this morning so I could take it on a test drive. It's nowhere near as nice as my pram to push as it doesn't have the monster truck off roading wheels. But Jacob really prefers it I think, he can look about. He spent the whole trip to the shop pointing and saying "sattt!!" which is "what's that?!"
He has started to make so many new sounds lately and really tries to copy you, it's hilarious. He's getting a lot braver with trying to walk too, he's had a few little stretches but then gives up and crawls as he can get there much quicker! Hopefully not long now, everyone tells me I'll be wishing he wasn't but I honestly cannot wait, he's so into everything anyway and can climb EVERYTHING and I can't leave him alone for five seconds now so I don't think it will be much different, well I hope not! 


Teddy testing out the new wheels.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment