Monday 25 August 2014

Monday movie day.

Jacob slept reasonably well last night, I tried the rousing him a few hours after he went to sleep as my friend Kayleigh said it can sometimes do the trick. So I tried at around 11pm, but there was no waking the little monster! He stirred a little bit but thought I'd just leave it at that as to be honest, I was petrified of him waking up and doing his 3am screaming session there and then. He woke up quite a few times after around 3.30am, but none of the screaming like usual. He woke up for the day around 6.30 which is earlier than when he's in our bed, but I'll take it if he is in his bed! We battled the naps in full force today, Jacob started to get grumpy at around 10am as usual, but we really wanted him to just hang it out until after lunch because as he is only having one nap, I don't want it to be too early! We decided to go for a rainy walk with the dog as he has never fallen asleep in his new stroller so I thought that and being outside would keep him entertained until lunch. How wrong was I... He fell asleep in his stroller. At 11.45! All I needed was another 45 minutes so he'd eaten lunch. Typical! I tried to wake him up but he wasn't having it so moved him into his cot. He slept until 1.30pm which actually worked out quite well because it was still kind of lunchtime, although he woke up so so grumpy where he was starving! We normally have lunch around 12-12.30 and he didn't have a morning snack so he must have been ravenous! 

A bit of a rubbish picture, but couldn't resist a little selfie on our walk. 



Nap battle fail.

As the bank holiday was such a wash out, as always in England, we had a total movie day. After a supermarket trip in which we let Jacob walk around for the first time, he went straight for the balls down the toy aisle, we spent the afternoon watching The Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, Casper and The Lion King. And then before bed, we watched the vlog I follow on YouTube called The SacconeJolys. I absolutely love it, it's just a little daily vlog of an Irish family and their lives. They kind of gave me the idea to start this too. Check them out here if your a bit of a reality fiend. 


Jacob wore real skinny jeans today for the first time! He looks so grown up. He's wearing all Next today. Their clothes are definitely my favourite for Jacob. 






Jacobs gone to bed quite well at 7pm, so fingers crossed for a good night! Hope you've all had a great weekend, although I think most people have spent it getting soaked in icy water! 

No comments:

Post a Comment