Monday 29 February 2016

Day 1.

Today was our first appointment at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Jacob's new treatment. My brother-in-law drove us today as we thought it was a quick consultation appointment, then he would wait and bring us home. That way we could also take Alba with us, meaning she had one less day of being looked after by someone. But, a quick appointment it was not! I didn't realise Jacob would be having bloods taken today so after his appointment being an hour late, we had to wait around for the numbing cream to take effect and then have his bloods taken. Over 3 hours in total. Add the two hours driving there and two hours home, well it was a very long day. Both kids did really well and it was quite a low stress day. I just felt awful for my poor brother-in-law waiting for us for all that time!

Rich said he felt alot more relaxed than he thought he would today, because we know the nurses on the ward and we know the hospital well. And I kind of see what he means, but I'm still so nervous about the procedure and keeping my little "twonado" still for four hours afterwards. I am armed with the iPad and Peppa Pig! I bought some colouring books and new pens to help keep Jacob occupied over the next couple of days, and I'll take some of his books and toys. And hope for the best!

I've climbed into bed early tonight as we have lots to do in the morning. We dont need to leave until around 11am so have plenty of time as the babies are normally up by 7am. I should do some of it tonight but all I can think about is sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment