Friday 5 February 2016

Jacobs latest check up.

Jacob had a check up last week at the Royal London. This is the first one since we found out if he was to be needing anymore treatment, it would be the radioactive plaque. But, no treatment was required this week! His retina is still partially detached and there is some scar tissue that needs to be kept an eye on, but other than that, its quite positive! So we are back there on the 17th. I have prepared myself for the fact that he probably will require the plaque sometime soon. It's a two night stay in hospital and Jacob will have his left eye covered so will effectively be blind for around 26 hours. The hardest part will probably be that I won't see Alba for that time as she isn't allowed to visit. We haven't decided exactly what we will do yet but its more than likely that I'll stay with Jacob if it does come to it. Which will be interesting for Rich as she is such a mummy's girl!


They had some children's entertainment on the ward which was brilliant. Jacob got himself a balloon sword!

Jacob has his first appointment with the ocularist at Moorfields Eye Hospital on the same day and I am so excited. They are like the Rolex of prosthetic eyes. Everyone who has been there has gotten an amazing match with their eye. Our current prosthetist is okay but when we were offered the chance to go to Moorfields, I couldn't say no. It's obviously alot further to travel but I'd travel a thousand miles if it meant a better eye for Jacob.

This came up on my "timehop" today. I don't know why but this is one of my favourite photos of Jacob. He's always so adorable when he finally wakes properly after his EUA's. I guess that's just a positive we should take from it all! 

Just a little post, as I realised I forgot to update on Jacob's last EUA!

No comments:

Post a Comment