Monday 4 August 2014

Playing out.

Since Jacob was a few weeks old, Rich sometimes takes him out on a Saturday morning to meet his friends for breakfast. It's lovely for them to do that together and it also gives me time to get ready and wash my hair (which doesn't happen very often!!!). Jacob is petrified of the hairdryer so I have to either do it when Rich is at home to distract him or if they go out. Rich's friends from work are doing the challenge of a lifetime and canoeing from Fort William to Inverness to raise money for The Childhood Eye Cancer Trust on behalf of Jacob. The charity have done so so much for us as a family. They are really amazing and is wonderful that we have friends that recognise this too and want to give back. So Rich was meeting them on Saturday to see them off as they were leaving on Sunday. Rich and Jacob had a daddy and son day most of Saturday as I was a little worse for wear after meeting friends for drinks on Friday night. (By worse for wear, I mean totally incapacitated. It's shameful.) I felt so awful as I'd hardly seen Jacob all day but it was so lovely for him and Rich to spend the day together without me and have some quality time for just the two of them. I made a point of doing his bedtime routine which I look forward to and we obviously read Dear Zoo again. 
Sunday I felt much better, still a bit delicate but nowhere near as awful as Saturday! It was back to mummy mode. We were up at 6.30 which is good for Jacob! Better than the 5am starts we've been having some mornings. We were going to Aaron and Lou's for dinner which I was really looking forward to as we don't really get out for dinner very much. With Jacobs routine it can be quite difficult sometimes. I've gotten him into such a strict routine from when he was tiny that if we deviate from it at all, all hell breaks loose. It's my own fault but you learn! Jacob absolutely loved Lou's garden, it was huge so he had loads of room to roam around.
Jacob started to take lots more steps again yesterday! He seemed to have just given up, but my best friend Adele bought him a pair of Vans trainers for his birthday which have only just started to fit and they seem to really help with his walking, plus he looks so cute in them. 


LOST!


Such a poser. 


He's getting so grown up, it breaks my heart.


Dinner time. He LOVES corn!

Mondays is normally Jo Jingles day but it's finished for the summer holidays. So today we decided to go to Ashlyns Farm Park in North Weald which is just down the road from where we live. Laura and Jonah came along too. It is so lovely there. They have a little farm shop where they sell all fresh produce and jams and stuff. I was good and didn't buy anything, mainly because I always end up throwing fridge fulls of food away because I forget what I've bought and then it goes out of date. They have a little farm trail that you go round, with loads of little animals and Jacob is absolutely obsessed with animals. And then parks and soft play areas for the kids. We even managed to get a few photos of Jonah and Jacob together which is difficult because they are both so go go go all the time. We went for lunch afterwards, and Jacob doesn't normally eat well when we are out, another routine thing I think! But he ate all his lunch today and then started on Jonah's! We've got a busy week this week so today was the only day that we could really go out and do anything fun for Jacob. And it was a really nice day. 


Making friends.


Best pals. 


Picking up chicks at a bar...

If you would like to sponsor our friends for their canoe challenge, you can at justgiving.com/jacobscanoers. Obviously I don't expect you to but if you have a spare few pounds then feel free. CHECT are a truly amazing charity that have done so much for us and other families like us. Thankyou :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment