Tuesday 16 August 2016

And the award for worst blogger ever goes to...

Me! So, two kids that don't stop moving from the second they wake up in the morning, (usually 6am, 5am lately.) until the second they go to bed at night, makes it very difficult to sit and write these blogs. And I'm not even exaggerating. They're both like little Duracell bunnies that get high on oxygen. It is EXHAUSTING. And to make it even more fun, if Alba even so much as blinks at Jacob, he totally loses his shit. I thought "Ah, 2 year age gap, they'll be the best of friends, they'll play together so lovely." Nope. I am an idiot. So, the blog gets neglected. Don't worry, it's not the only thing I've forgotten about. My hair, my eyebrows, I can't remember when I last cleaned my bathroom with something other than baby wipes. The dog probably hasn't had an affectionate cuddle or human contact that wasn't being shoved out of the way/tripped over/being rode by a small human for months. I'm not even sure Rich still lives here. I forget to speak to him lately too. Okay, that last one was a joke. He lives here, I just don't talk to him.

Anyways, besides all that, yesterday was 3 years since D-day. Or diagnosis day. Or the start of Jacobs fight. Whatever you prefer. It was also Rich's birthday, but I also forgot about that. Not really. He got a Colin the Caterpillar cake of course. This year is the first year it hasn't gotten me down. I thought about it of course and still remember it like it was yesterday. But  I didn't sit moping about it. I normally feel really anxious leading up to it, apparently it's quite normal. But it was lot less this time. Just seeing Jacob now, a crazy three year old is so different to what I thought he'd be like now. I really wish the me then could have come and met the me now. But then it wouldn't have been so much of a journey would it?! 

Jacobs had two check ups since the last blog. His vision is slowly improving. The IAC has left behind alot of damage and they've seen slight improvement each time. His retina has finally reattached but we are just playing the waiting game on the vision. He can see around two metres in front now which has dramatically improved from the 20 centimetres he could see 2 months ago. He does brilliantly at home and is slowly starting to be able to point things out in books again. He still doesn't manage depth or change in surface well. So steps, kerbs, shadows. He stops and panics alot. Steps, he tries to sit down and shimmy down them. He did this on the underground last week and I absolutely went into meltdown over the germs. He has to be carried alot in new or unfamiliar places too. It could improve, it could not. He's still not fussed over his iPad, and he only likes things on TV that he has seen a hundred times before. Which is Peppa Pig at the moment. I hate the spoilt little brat. I wish one of her little mates would give her a slap.
The good news is that Jacobs tumour is stable still. As tough as the vision thing is, if it means he is finally free of this nasty little disease, then it's worth it.

Jacob starts preschool in September, he will be going four mornings a week. He's moving up from the toddler room! I'm so excited as it will be great routine for him and I know he will love it. He's going to have a key worker all to himself which is brilliant, so I know he will be well looked after. They normally have around 8 children to one adult, but his nursery have got some additional funding for Jacob so he has the best care possible there. I was really upset at the thought of him having "extra help" at first, but at the end of the day, if it alleviates pressure on the nursery and makes Jacob more comfortable then that's fine with me. I wouldn't want him to go anywhere else and I love the girls there and know they'd come to me if they had any questions or there were any problems. I'm also looking forward to spending some time with Alba, just the girls! Jacob isn't really into baby groups anymore and all the ones Jacob was going to at Alba's age, he isn't interested in, so she kind of misses out. So I will definitely be taking her to a few groups. Although I'm sure she will just cling onto me for dear life when approached by a stranger!

We've had some glorious weather here too! Here's a few pics from recently, we've had a few little adventures to the seaside and the Natural History Museum too! Oh and to see Queenie! 

Last day at nursery! 












Hope you've enjoyed this little update. I'd say I'll try and keep these coming regularly, but I can't promise anything. Maybe my kids will start enjoying quiet, still activities soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment