Wednesday 15 June 2016

Slowly getting better...

It's been two weeks since I last wrote, shortest gap in a while! Haha. Jacob finished his steroids a few days after my last post, and he was so unhappy for a fair few days afterwards. Luckily, it was half term so he didn't have to go to nursery, but I wouldn't have sent him in anyways to be honest. I managed to start putting his steroids into his porridge in the mornings which was great. And his appetite was still crazy for a fair few days afterwards. I really wanted to get him weighed but just never got round to it. And then last week he got a sickness bug so probably lost everything he'd gained anyway! The last three or four days, I can say he is finally back to himself. I didn't think it would ever come, the tears and screaming was so draining. I was wishing the days away. He's still a bit up and down with some people, if Rich picks him up from nursery, he's quite funny with me for a little while when he gets home. And he's still being mean to my sister but I think he secretly knows how much it's winding her up. Haha.


So, Alba turned one on the 4th! We bought her a wooden play kitchen for her birthday, it was obviously for Jacob too but we had no idea what to get her so went with that. And oh my goodness, I love it. Screw the kids, I've played with it more than anyone! I sit there arranging the fridge and counters, putting the casserole dish in the oven. The fun is endless! Evidently, I need to get a hobby. Its so cute though, and was only £65 from Asda. The wooden one I originally wanted was nearly £200 and I just couldn't justify it. Plus, I wouldn't have even let the kids touch it! Jacob was really good on Alba's birthday, I though he'd want to tear all of her presents open himself but he was so sweet, giving them to her and helping her open the kitchen. (Which I wrapped after spending 4 hours building the thing!) We spent the day at home and had everyone over for dinner in the evening. 






We all went swimming on Sunday for the first time, I've taken Jacob before and we went on holiday of course, but all four of us went for the first time and it was really good fun. I've decided I'm going to try to take Jacob every Sunday. He's so confident in the water which is great, and I want him to learn how to swim soon! I was quite alot older when I learnt and always said my kids would learn while they were young. I don't think actual lessons would be very good for him at the moment, especially while he has poor vision. So for now, we will take him and try to teach him the basics then look into it more when we know what's going on with his sight. He seems to be slowly improving. Or we are just getting used to it. Somedays he seems so much better, and others worse. It's so hard to tell. 
We are back at The Royal London next week to see if the swelling has gone down. I don't know what to think and to be honest am trying not to either as it is so easy to drive yourself crazy.

Look at this pudding. I couldn't get any photos of Jacob as he was like The Flash, running around like a loon.


We are finally back to calm nursery drop offs too, which is so nice. He hasn't cried this week and even went strolling in himself yesterday which was great. I requested that the Visual Impairment Teacher stopped going in to see him for the time being. It upset him so much and made him not want to go to nursery which has never been a problem. And while he is the way he is, I'd rather he felt calm and secure. And the nursery staff are just amazing with him. I know if there were any concerns, they wouldn't hesitate to tell me.




This sunshine does wonders for your kids mood too doesn't it!? Jacob just spends all day outside. Parenting is so much easier in the summer!! Although, Alba has started to climb and the girl is sending my anxiety through the roof!!! Jacob thinks it's brilliant. "Mummy look at Alba!!! She's such a brave girl!!!" No, Jacob, she's crazy!




No comments:

Post a Comment