Monday 4 May 2015

Bump Update: 36 Weeks Pregnant!!!!

Oh my goodness, I don't remember being this uncomfortable before. So this bump update is probably going to be me moaning more than anything. This pregnancy has been so much more tough than with Jacob, most likely because I have a toddler to chase around. A toddler that doesn't need sugar to behave like a child that has been given all the sweets in the land. He is 100 miles an hour all the time. To be honest, I think that's why I've started to panic that I've gotten to 36 weeks pregnant and haven't actually accepted it yet. I haven't had the time! I cannot believe that in possibly 4 weeks (well anytime from next Friday really) that we will have a newborn in the house. And I won't be pregnant anymore! I have done nothing but complain this pregnancy which I feel horrible about as I loved being pregnant with Jacob and honestly don't think I moaned once. But I have started to realise that soon, the bump will be no more, and I will miss it. We don't plan on anymore children after this one. Never say never, but for now, two is enough for us.

Midwife appointments are every two weeks now which I like as you get to hear the baby's heartbeat each time and being panicky Polly, this keeps me happy that she's happy! I had to go get monitored in hospital last week as Lady Wright thought she'd have a lazy day and not move, and any reductions in movements should always be checked out. Luckily everything was fine, and I had an irritable uterus which I had with Jacob. Basically, I think this means that you get tightenings much like Braxton Hicks and I suppose the baby just chills out til they're done. I have had Braxton Hicks contractions loads this time! It's terrifying because it's like a reminder of what's to come and as Jacob was in a rush to get out, I didn't have pain relief, so I remember all of the pain. And this time, I can honestly say I am a bit scared! I cannot wait to meet our little girl, but there is definitely more fear this time!!! When I was being monitored, we were in the same room where labour started with Jacob, and the room he was actually born in was opposite and empty so the door was open. I really freaked out and got a bit emotional seeing it as I hadn't been back there since he was born. It has also made me very excited too. I'm hoping to get to go into the water this time as the birthing unit where all the pools were was full when I had Jacob. It was a busy baby day!


Strapped up to the monitor! (And yes, I have edited this picture to hide my newly adopted whale arms. Vain I know.)

I had a babyshower last week organised by my brothers girlfriend Lou and my sister. It was really lovely, I didn't really want one this time as more than anything, I couldn't be bothered. Which is dreadful. But I'm glad I let Lou talk me into it as it was a lovely day and I got to catch up with all of my friends. We went for a bit of an afternoon tea theme, although not much tea got drank, but there was so much cake! I still have some left now. Which is not good! Lady Wright also got very spoiled with some beautiful clothes which I cannot wait to put her in! Below are a few pics!









I haven't bought half as much this time around as Jacob ended up with so much stuff, most of it only got worn once, if at all. I did finally order a changing bag too. I went with the Cath Kidston one I wanted originally as it looks quite roomy, big enough for two children's things!!! Plus it had shorter handles as well as the long strap which I liked as it will be easier to carry if I'm loaded up carrying two kids too! I'm going to look like a donkey.

My hospital bag is pretty much packed, I just need to get a couple more little things and a lightweight dressing gown and I think that's me done! The baby's stuff is all ready too, I just have to wash it and put it all into her bag when it arrives this week. Its all getting very real now!!!

I have started to get so hungry again too, I eat dinner, then an hour later I'm hungry. It is so hard to not just pig out on crisps and sweets and chocolate at night time as I'm so tired usually. I've been trying to have a bowl of reasonably healthy cereal such as Shredded Wheat or Weetabix or something like that. Although the Frosties and Coco Pops do win a lot! We've always got so much cereal in as I am quite partial to a bowl even when I'm not pregnant.
Sitting on the sofa has become a challenge in itself too. I have been trying to sit on my birthing ball more often than the sofa, not only because its good for me and helps the baby into position, but getting off the sofa is such a drama. Rich just sits laughing at me lolloping around like a seal. So glamorous!!! The same at bedtime, I have to get up to pee about eight thousand times a night at the moment and its such a work out! Haha.
I am going to miss being pregnant, but definitely not being so immobile. And I think Jacob will be pleased to finally have a mummy that can move through Wild and Wacky without the risk of needing to call the fire brigade to get me out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment