Thursday 22 January 2015

Bump update: We are having a...

GIRL!!!
We had our anomaly scan last week which we had always planned on finding out the sex at. And we are having a baby girl! And I am petrified! What am I going to do with a girl?! I know boys! Haha. I am so excited. And also panicking because now I really have to get realistic with all the boys stuff I can't bear to part with! We definitely need some more storage space! 

I hadn't bought a single thing for this baby yet as I have been so nervous that something would be wrong. So I wanted to wait until this scan to really get excited. I have been excited to an extent but in all honesty, a part of me has been in denial a little bit because I just felt so uneasy that there would be a problem. But our scan showed everything was growing and developing as it should be. So now I can relax a bit more! We had a scan at sixteen weeks too as I'd had quite a lot of pain and the doctor said she thought it was a girl, but I didn't take it for anything as it was still only just 16 weeks. And to be honest, I thought we'd have another boy! My mum was obviously over the moon as she now has a little girl in the family. And she can go Disney Princess mad.
I started having a little look at clothes. Obviously. And it is a little bit overwhelming! There is so much more choice for girls! Jacob has lots of the same sort of thing in a few different colours. But girls, my gosh, they can have dresses, skirts, shorts, leggings, jeans, everything!!! I've never been a fan of newborns in "real" clothes. Like jeans etc. I think it makes them look so grown up so quickly. Jacob didn't wear his first pair of jeans until he was about 11 months! And even then, I begrudgingly pulled them on his tiny little legs. Everyone is different obviously and that's just me!
I'm just glad everything is okay and hopefully now I can enjoy being pregnant! 

With the news that we are having a girl. I went through all of Jacobs old stuff (again). So, I sat on our bed, amongst an obscene pile of clothes, and cried. He had so much lovely stuff and I am genuinely heartbroken that it won't get worn again. And some of it was so small!!! I kept sending Rich pictures of things. He obviously thought I was insane and just told me to pack it all away and keep it all. I managed to pull a small pile of stuff for the little lady to use, such as the Little Bird range by Jools Oliver. I'm obsessed with it. And most of the basics are unisex so I was sitting there planning outfits with those pieces. I also made a memory blanket pile, which was ridiculously huge. And then I actually made a charity donation bag. And the rest...well its back in storage because I officially cannot part with it yet. I don't want it to go to a stranger, so I decided to wait and see if any of my friends have boys. And they can have it. Maybe. I am aware that most people think I'm nuts for keeping it all, but I just can't do it!

I picked up a few things yesterday for the little lady. Just some vests and sleepsuits, but honestly, I could have spent hundreds of pounds. Especially in Next. It is so lovely. But I'm trying to be a bit more realistic this time as going through Jacobs stuff showed me that he had way too much and literally only wore everything once, if that!

I've finally got my appetite back, and in a big way. All I want to do is eat! Its just deciding what I want that's the trouble, because I don't fancy anything in particular, I just want food. I'm probably going to end up a ginormous whale by the end of this pregnancy!

Jacob picked up another cold this week, so Rich has been sleeping downstairs and Jacob in our bed for the last two nights as for some reason, toddlers like to sleep longways in the bed! He slept much better last night though which was nice as I was starting to feel hideous from the lack of sleep! Although I'm going to start calling it sleep training. Its probably a good thing Jacob has never been a brilliant sleeper with a second baby on the way! I never got to go back to a full nights sleep so hopefully it won't be so much of a shock when she arrives! (Yeah right!)


Lady Wright.

No comments:

Post a Comment