Sunday 28 September 2014

House of the plague!

So the sleepless nights have continued, Jacob has still been coming into our bed every night. I've come down with whatever Jacob had and it has totally wiped me out. I'm normally quite good at being ill. I'll just get on, but having an ill little one and being ill yourself is SO hard!!! I called in sick to work on Thursday which I hate doing, and I always think I sound like I'm lying and just trying to skive off for the day! But after nearly a week of hardly any sleep and spending all my waking hours coughing and blowing my nose, then wiping Jacobs nose, and cleaning snot up off everything, I just felt horrendous. So when Rich got up on Thursday, we swapped and I went back to bed until 1pm. I can't bear sleeping in, its such a waste of a day but I just had no energy. Jacob finally doesn't mind the taste of Calpol again so he was happily taking his medicine every few hours. We used to have to pin him down and squeeze his cheeks to force him to take it, the neighbours must have wondered what was going on, or trick him and pretend we were giving him his dummy then fire the 5ml of sugary, sticky liquid into his mouth. The syringes you get with kids medicine are brilliant! We've got about thirty, I save them all. The spoon you used to get when I was little was chaos, you'd end up with a sticky face where you'd do anything not to have to take medicine. The only thing I can't get him to take is cough medicine. I've tasted it and it doesn't taste too fabulous. But if I give it to Jacob while he's asleep, he'll take it no problem. So, we are a house with the plague at the moment. Jacobs cough has been made worse from where he was put to sleep on Wednesday. The doctors did say that it was likely but we obviously didn't want to risk not going to his appointment and the tumour had grown. If only we could tell the future! I also cancelled Jacobs last set of immunisations on Friday as he was still a bit poorly and we are going away for the weekend next week which would have been the 7-10 days after when he normally gets a bit ropey. So I thought it was best to put them off.

Jacob has seemed so much better today and has been really funny. I am sure he said "Jacob" today too, Rich heard him too on a separate occasion but when we asked him to say it, he just laughed and walked off. I cannot wait for him to start chatting away. He talks total gibberish at the moment but it is so funny to listen to.
Been a bit of a boring few days as we've been ill so not done very much at all! Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight and that we are all feeling a bit better tomorrow so we can go to Jo Jingles! When you say Jo Jingles to Jacob now he starts clapping and jumping up and down, so fingers crossed (as always) that we get to sleep!!!

 Poorly day painting.

Pancakes for breakfast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment